November 14 @ 12:00 pm - November 18 @ 12:00 pm
Archive – Blog Posts
The National Training Slides are now available. To download the slides go to the Volunteer Portal. OSHC > Tax Training > Materials/Presentations.
For an overview of the slides that contains the following you can click on the link below.
- Slide Organization
- Using the PowerPoint Training Slides
- Comments and Recomendations
- List of the Tax Training Files
The agenda for the webinar includes:
- Review Helpful Hints
- Locating training tools on One Support
- TaxSlayer Introduction PPT presentation
- Demonstration of Clark return from NTTC TY2015 Workbook
|Play recording (1 hr 9 min)|
Please note buffering may take a few minutes
The National Tax Training Committee has modified this manual to
more accurately reflect Tax-Aide policies and scope and to clarify
instructions that relate to Practice Lab versus the desktop version of
TaxSlayer Pro. As of 08/23/2016
For Download go to OSHC >> Tax Training >> TaxSlayer
Go to the AARP Volunteer Portal for Powerpoint Presentation and Recording
One Support Help Center >> Tax Training >> NTTC Webinars
QuickGuide indicates “Where to Enter” info in TaxSlayer, where to find more info in pub 4012 & pub 17, and more info on scope, tax law, and data entry.
Shows “Where to Enter” things in TaxSlayer. Extracts the Where to Enter portion of the QuickGuide for TaxSlayer.
Contributed by Kenny Hayes, North Carolina
Two recent additions to the “Recruiting” page are a “Volunteer Recruiting Checklist” and a Paper on “Working with Colleges”. These might be helpful as we approach volunteer recruiting season.
Anticipated Schedule for key 2016 deliverables
- NTTC Workbook – OSHC >> Tax Training >> Tools, Ship 10/1
- NTTC Training Guide – OSHC >> Tax Training >> Instructor Plans and Aids
- NTTC Scope Manual – Early October
- NTTC Training Slides – 10/15
- 4491 Training Guide – pdf only in October
- 4012 Resource Guide – pdf in October, Hardcopy in November
- IRS Link and Learn – Early November
- TaxSlayer 2016 Practice Lab – Early November
- TaxSlayer 2016 Production – Mid to Late November
- NTTC Workbook Answers – Early December
- TP 300 NYS Quick Reference Desk Guide – November
For Agenda and list of presentations for downloading go to the Volunteer Portal:
One Support Help Center >> Tax Training >> Materials/Presentations >> TRS Training-Dallas July 2016
We are happy to let you know that the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Diversity Site application is now available so you can request resources to launch a new Diversity Site or expand an existing site to serve diverse communities. This initiative, started a couple of years ago, allows Tax-Aide to grow and help taxpayers in diverse and underserved areas. Apply HERE.